Friday 6 December 2013

In Need or In Plenty.

Occasionally life throws things your way that you don't expect. These might be amazing things that transform your thinking. Or it could be total reverse of that. A completely out of the blue shock that sends you down in a spiral motion. I am sure we can all relate to at least one of these. 4 months ago I had the second option impact my life. It is expected that people will come and go from this earth, but when they are still young and still have things to do it suddenly doesn't become fair. My father left us to be with His savior and mine, very suddenly.

I have, along beside my family, have had to face many "firsts" in the lead up to Christmas. I very suddenly felt a huge shift in the world and began my descent to "the ground". A couple of months after he passed I decided to face song writting. I did not want to come easy, and I know it was because I was not ready to praise God again. I didn't have it in me to praise the God that decided it was my Dads time, not yet anyway. Well that eventually changed and I was able to get a song out. Something now that provides great comfort, and maybe one day I will be able to share it with the world and the story behind it. I have now begun looking forward, to the things God wants for me in the future. I have tried to live each step of this journey how God intends it, which some days is really difficult. But I am now looking to the future, asking God to grant me a vision to work towards.

My family and I, and may I add many different people with different circumstances, are faced with Christmas. Another "first". I firmly believe with Gods strength it will be ok. Not to say it wont be painful and hurt, but the after effect is going to be ok. None of us know why things happen the way they do. None of us know why God sends us on crazy up and down journeys, but he does.

I have been wanting to blog something like this for a while, but honestly had no words to write. I consider it a blessing and a privilege to have the opportunity to minister in times like these. Through my actions and my genuine state I can be a Christ-like example. That's something God reminds me each and everyday! Blessed to be a blessing! My prayer is that every person that reads this, sees something in it. Maybe a conversation can be started, maybe some questions have formed in some of your minds. This has not been an easy journey, and by no means have I reached the finish line, but I do feel content. Not to say that every now and again things get hard, but hey that's ok, and thats ok in every and any walk. My prayer for myself is to be content in whatever the circumstance, whether in need or in plenty.

Grace and Peace Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment